Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pineapple Cho'~Coconut & Rum Extracts...

Remember this photo from yesterday?  You had the right idea...
Pina Colada?

No - its a Pina Cho'lata!  I took one 6oz container of Pineapple Chobani (3pp), 1 cup of 1% milk (3pp), 1/2 tsp each of Coconut & Rum extracts - put them in a blender until smooth.  Add some ice - a few cubes at a time and again, blend until smooth.  I did feel it needed just a little more pineapple flavor, so I added a few Tablespoons of crushed pineapple to each glass.  This made just over 3 cups of thick, cold 'pina colada' tasting beverage...and this glass has a one cup serving of it!  So three servings at 2pp each - I'm liking that!  Chuck and I discussed the result, and we would still play with this recipe a little to tweak it.  He suggested that we freeze the yogurt first and add less ice for a stronger pineapple taste (perhaps I went a little overboard with the ice - oops!)  But we have a couple of months until summer to perfect this.  How cool is it to know we will be able to enjoy a nice refreshing Pina Cho'lata by the pool this summer - meet some of our daily dairy requirement and still be able to stay on plan?  I'll work on this some more and have an "official" Cho'lata recipe by the heat of summer ;0)

I have been so busy working on Chobani ideas that I've been neglecting my photos for meals.  This morning I started out with a cheese omlet!  I started with a pan coated with cooking spray - cooked up some onion and peppers (I usually have a small container of them chopped up and ready in the fridge).  I added one egg, scrambled and cooked until almost set.  Then I put one "cracker cut" of cheese, cut up in strips on to melt as I folded the omlet...

You wouldn't think one egg (2pp) and one small peice of cheese (1pp) would produce so much...but this was really good and filling.  Total for breakfast: 3pp!
The cheese was actually starting to ooze out the end!   I would easily have done this with 2 eggs, but with all the Chobani projects I've been working on...I'm concerned about the BTLs (bites, tastes and licks) I haven't logged and tracked...so I was eating "lite".

Lunch was a turkey wrap with lettuce, tomato and my favorite mustard...
Tortilla (3pp), Turkey (2pp), Lettuce, Tomato, Mustard ( 0, 0, 0pp)...Total for lunch: 5pp

Dinner was just lefovers from Saturday...Lasagne Rolls and Italian bread!  Somehow these taste so good the second time around ;0)  Didn't take a new picture...but here is a reminder of how good it looked a few days ago...
One Lasagna roll is 6pp - (but I had two), one slice of Italian bread for 2pp, one tsp butter spread for 1pp...Total 15 pp.  So there you have it...a day of good eating and drinking!!  Recipe for the lasagna rolls is in the recipe tab above!

Don't forget - only a few days left to enter "My First Give-Away Ever!"...just follow this link to find out how!

No comments:

Post a Comment