Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Get your creative juices flowing...

Hey all,

I just posted another week of dinner menus.  For those of you who are new to my blog, these are not menus for every meal - just dinners.  That is because for many of us, a big challenge in our weight loss journey is what to eat for dinner that the whole family will love and that we could enjoy even when we've reached our goal weight and are trying to maintain.  I'm not suggesting you have to eat every dinner on these menus - they are just a jumping off point to get your creative juices flowing.  BUT, if you want to fix every dinner on any given menu...by all means - go at it.  You will find a grocery list posted to accompany each week's menu...and links to recipes that are featured on the menu.  Also, if you eat out a couple of times per week, you may only need 4 or 5 of the dinner ideas anyways, so adjust the grocery list accordingly.

Today started off a little differently.  Being the good wife that I am, I left the last English Muffin for Chuck and opted for a bowl of Total cereal instead...adding a banana to bulk it up.  I always like the idea of getting a 'multi vitamin' in a bowl.
Our WeightWatcher's leader suggested measuring out an entire serving of dairy, even if you only intend using part of it on your cereal.  That way you can either have it on the side, or like in my case...put the rest in your next cup of coffee.
That banana really took over that bowl, didn't it?

In keeping with today's theme...I decided to see how creative you can be (smile).   I took a shot of some of the things sitting on my counter waiting to find their way into some Chobani Greek Yogurt.
Three varieties of Graham Crackers...(not shown is a baggie full of Ginger Snap cookies, too)

Chuck says it looks like an apothocary in here ;0) There are coconut, rum, almond, anise, mint, maple and bourbon vanilla extracts...nutmeg, cinnamon, chopped nuts, and shreddd coconut - not to menion a bowl of fresh fruit, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, caramel syrup....raspberry jam, peanut butter, almond butter...a virtual apothocary of ingredients to mix and match.  What would you do with your Cho?  I'm open to your suggestions...and have a couple of ideas I want to try still.  Comment away!

There is still time to enter "My First Give-Away Ever!", so follow this link and get yourself into the mix!  Winner will be randomly chosen on Friday, March 4th at 9am EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment