Friday, March 25, 2011

Breakfast Does a Body Good!


Since I've been down with migraines this week, I haven't felt much like blogging.  I have, however, been coming up with some ideas for future posts.  For today, I thought I'd make it all about breakfast.  How do you keep enough variety to keep it fresh and interesting?  Here are a few photos of my 'typical' breakfasts...and then a recipe for one I hope to make on the weekend.
2 Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Waffles (4pp), unlimited fresh berries (0pp), All Natural Blueberry Syrup (2T=2pp), Whipped Cream (1/4 cup=1pp)
 
Whole Wheat English Muffin (3pp), 1 egg (2pp) scrambled with onion and green peppers (0pp) and banana slices (0pp)

Kashi GoLean Crunch, yogurt, bananas and a drizzle of honey.
VitaTop Muffin Tops - easy grab and go breakfast!

Whole wheat toast, soft boiled egg, orange sections.

Now for the recipe: Lightened Up Creme Brulee French Toast 


I haven't made this yet myself, but a very good friend and terrific cook -Marci - told me she and her husband loved this!  I'll hope to make it this weekend and post photos for you.  Hope this page inspires you to treat yourself to some awesome breakfasts!  I've really learned to look forward to this meal I used to skip - and it really stokes my metabolism and keeps me from feeling like I'm starving on this diet!!

Care to share your ideas of an ideal breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment