Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday's Losers

As you know, Friday morning is when we go to our Weight Watcher's meeting to get weighed in.  This week we were a couple of losers again - Chuck was down another 1.4 lbs and I was a full 1 lb...so we are two happy losers!

Today we talked about surrounding yourself with good food choices and removing temptations.  We do that pretty well in our house these days, but we are all subject to mistakes...bringing something in that later we wish we hadn't.  I appreciated what one member suggested: re-package those foods!  She said that as long as she didn't see big words like "Lay's Potato Chips" or "Chips Ahoy" staring at her, she wasn't as likely to be tempted, so she would repackage them into either Zip Lock bags or frosted plastic containers.  Another member said she puts those things on the highest shelves where they are hard to reach, or behind other things...so they were more difficult to get to.  I don't know if that would work for me if I was on a late night "prowl" for "something".  I have been known, however, to buy things for Justin, our 17 year old, and put them in his room...somehow it just feels like 'stealing' if I was to go into his room looking for something to eat.  Just sayin'.

So take few minutes today to think about what foods you might want to get rid of or disguise in your home to support your weight loss efforts...and at the same time, make yourself a small list of things you could spoil yourself with that support your efforts.  My favorite things revolve around fresh fruit...usually berries, pineapple and this week...MANGOES!!  They were perfectly ripe...and soooo full of flavor! Second on my list is some good dark chocolate...which I do keep in the kitchen...not in a candy dish.  Candy dishes just 'put it out there in my face' and make it too easy to mindlessly graze...don't you think?

I was so busy putting together another menu for you this week that I totally forgot to post photos of some of the food we ate...so by way of recap:


Breakfast: Thomas' Whole Wheat English Muffin (3pp), Smart Ones Light Buttery Spread (1pp), and a Chobani parfait (4pp)
  
Pineapple Chobani Yogurt parfait with fresh strawberries (4pp)
 Total points plus for Breakfast = 8!  A breakfast like this loaded with protein, fiber and yummy goodness keeps me satisfied until lunchtime, that is for sure!

Not the best photo, but salads to go with one of my favorite salad dressings!

Virginia Brand Vidalia Onion Vinegarette (3pp per 2 Tbsp), 2 oz Boar's Head Virginia Ham (2pp) and 1/2 slice of Provolone cheese (1pp), 6 large olives (1pp) Total pp for lunch =  7!

Orange Chicken (9pp), 1 cup of Jasmine Rice (5pp) and green beans (0pp)

Total points plus for this full plate of food = 14!
So there you have it...one really great day of food and totally on program!  What a way to lose!!

What are your favorite losing meals?  Comment among yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment