Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fish Tacos for Dinner - Yumm-o!

I have to apologise that I have been so quick to eat my meals that I have not taken any photos to go with my blog ~ maybe I just haven't gotten in the groove yet.  Today started out with my favorite -sort of.  I was really wanting my Peanut Butter, Banana and Waffle breakfast sandwich, but found that we only had frozen blueberry waffles left.  Desperate woman that I am, I tried it...its just not the same.  It did, however, do the trick.  Breakfast held me until about noon time, so I am happy.

For lunch, I fixed egg salad using 6 hard boiled eggs, 3 Tbsp Hellman's Lite Mayo, some onion and celery chopped fine - and had mine on a couple of Romaine lettuce leaves- folded like tacos.  I topped each with some green olives for a total of 5 points plus for the two of them.  I love the saltiness of the olives on the eggs!  I added a few baby carrots for color on the plate ~ so good.

Dinner was fish tacos.  I've been wanting to make these ever since I first made the Sweet and Sour Slaw on my recipes page.  We took a few Tilapia fillets, dipped them in a mixture of corn meal, salt, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and some Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash!...and then sprayed them with Pam - put them under the broiler for a few minutes and dinner was ready.  I had a spread of warm tortillas, fresh homemade salsa, lime wedges, tomato slices and the cole slaw...two tacos for 7 points plus!  Its been a "Taco Kind of Day" today - unintentionally.

Now, to make these tacos taste particularly good was an e-mail from one of my favorite websites~MyRecipes.com  It was to inform me that I won their latest contest...$100 worth of seafood from SeaPac seafood company and a SeaPac soft sided cooler.   All I had to do to enter was comment on their blog about what I do to make fixing dinner a little easier...50 words or less.  The winnings will include popcorn shrimp, popcorn fish, butterfly shrimp and shrimp scampi.  Hmmm - how many fish/shrimp tacos can I make with my winnings?

I saw this cool post about weight loss tips ~ some of which surprised me.  Check it out:



1 comment: