Friday, January 7, 2011

Fabulous Friday!

Hope your Friday is as good as mine is shaping up to be.  We started out the day heading to WeightWatchers for our first PointsPlus meeting of 2011 and our 5th weigh-in.  I am down 2.4 pounds this week for a 5 week total of 13.4 pounds!  So I celebrated with a really good breakfast when I got home.  One day I'll try to do like some of my other blogger friends and share photos ~ but for now you'll have to trust me that this looked as great as it tasted.  I made a large omlet out of one egg (2pp) and 1/4 cup of liquid egg whites (1pp), 1 Tbsp of shredded taco cheese blend (1pp), 1 piece of Canadian bacon cut up (1pp) and some sauteed onions and peppers (0pp).  With it I had a piece of whole wheat toast with 1tsp of Smart Balance Lite (3pp) and a cup of coffee with my "0" points half and half.  I garnished the plate with a few red grapes and 1/3 of an orange.  My whole breakfast was 8pp, and I am full and satisfied.  The really cool thing about that is that a breakfast like this really keeps me satisfied until lunch time!

So what about our WW meeting was so special that I feel inspired?  Our leader, Laura, is a successful loser with a lot of energy!  On her agenda today was the fundamentals of the new program and why it works, but she gave us some great ideas for getting the most out of your points.  She said its important to try to use all our daily points allowance while focusing on meeting our dairy, healthy fats, fruits & veggies, multi-vitamins, and water requirements.  She also challenged us to track everything we eat every day for 10 weeks ~until April 2nd.  That way we'll not only learn the points values and portions, but we'll also be able to "see" for ourselves what is working for "me"...and repeat that!

Laura told us about her favorite omlet that she gets from a diner she frequents ~ after hearing her description of her favorite, the result was the yummy omlets my family enjoyed when I got home.  Thanks for the inspiration, Laura! 

One of my favorite parts of the meeting was when Laura showed us her "before" photo ~ and it was impressive how much difference her weight loss made in her appearance ~ she is truly a new person.  On the back of her photo was a saying that inspires her..."If you focus only on results, nothing ever changes.  If you focus on changes, you'll certainly get results!"  THAT inspired me, too!