Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eating light before our weigh-in!

Tomorrow is the big weigh-in.  Chuck and I are so close to our 10% weight loss award that we can 'taste it', so to speak.  So, like always, I want to be mindful of what we eat today so we don't sabotage ourselves on the scale.  We started out our day with shoveling our driveway (3 activity points for me!) - we had about 5" of new white stuff to deal with and it was pretty heavy.  Once inside, we fixed a really great, filling breakfast.  1/4 cup of leftover cooked potatoes, 1 Tbsp each of chopped onion and green pepper - stirred until warm in a fry pan coated with cooking spray.  To that I added two whole eggs and broke the yolks.  Once the eggs were done, I put some ketchup on it all and really enjoyed it...just 5 points plus! 


Last night I made a batch of the "0" points plus Garden Vegetable Soup.  I find that it takes the edge off of hunger while the rest of supper is cooking.  So, lunch today is the same as yesterday - egg salad...only we'll add some "0" point soup and a cup of yogurt with fresh strawberries and some crushed pineapple in it.  I made Chuck's sandwich on whole wheat bread because he is a real bread lover ...added an extra scoop of egg salad and he gets a 'man's sammy'...because he gets way more points than I do for the day!  He might as well enjoy them, right?  His sandwich~7 points plus...Mine~3points plus.


Tonight's dinner is the mindful part.  We have a bunch of fresh veggies in the fridge that are screaming to be used up...so I am roasting brussel sprouts, green beans, zucchini, baby carrots, red onions, baby beets (the last item is canned, which I will drain and roast with the rest) and some whole garlic cloves.  I'll have them with some hot spaghetti squash with broccoli rabe and cannelli beans - 4 points plus per serving (a WeightWatchers recipe).  So with all the veggies being "0" points, and only the beans adding the 4 points, it was really a 'lite' dinner.  Hope I didn't spoil it with the 1/2 bottle of lite beer (2points plus) and a Blue Bunny ice cream on a stick (3 points plus)!  For Chuck and Justin, who both get mega points...I have some leftover brown rice and steak from two nights ago...that they can have with all the veggies and it will make them happy campers, for sure!

So stay tuned for tomorrow's results at the scale.  Feel free to share any 'lite' ideas for pre-weigh-in meals!!  I'll be happy for the help ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment